charter – final draft

Welcome Forums constitution – basics charter – final draft

This topic contains 46 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  juan petry 2 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • Author

juan petry
    Keymaster

In summer 2016 the plenum of familiafeliz confirmed the final draft of the familiafeliz charter. This version of the charter will become the first and final charter after 15.09.2016. From now to this date every member is able to apply for last changes or to add missing content.
    We publish this last draft here to give everybody the chance to read and discuss this final draft. best practice will be, to add a comment here.
    We hope in a last review process to make the charter as smart as possible and to implement the wisdom of the swarm intelligence to get a fundamental tool for our community.

juan petry
    Keymaster

After more of 2 years we are happy to announce the final draft version of the charter. It will be affective from the 15th of september (incl. last changes made in the next weeks…).

charter – final draft !

Please add your comment here. If you need to apply for an account to write in this forum, apply here.

Thank you for you comments and hints…

juan petry
    Keymaster

i will use this place to add some optional changes and ideas.

– change “1.preamble” to ” preamble of familiafeliz – decentralized living community with shared economy organized in groups”

C & A: yes, ok and updated in the draft. However better “Preamble of the charter ….”

– change “Familiafeliz…” (under the headline preamble) to ” 1.1 Familiafeliz…”

C & A: yes, ok and updated in the draft

– change “…in a group plenum and shall be its the last topic” to “…in a group plenum and shall be the last topic”

– change “1.1 Prupose, Targets” to “1.2. Purpose, Targets”

– delete “Home units must be accepted by the group plenum.”. i think every member how decide to go to another new place could apply for a new accredided home unit in the group plenum and the process should be the same as for working units. i dont want to give old home unit members power to block possible new home unit initiatives from one or more member(s).

– change “the candidate has to be present drafts of an entry and exit agreement” to “the candidate has to present an entry and exit agreement.” i think a draft is not enough. And we have no process what will happend with the draft and how it is put into power.

C & A: we rather would like to refer to proposal of an entry and exit agreement. An agreement is always accepted by two or more parties. So there has to be a negotiation process before the proposal becomes binding.
    Our suggestion: “After six months the candidate has to present proposals for an entry and exit agreement which is binding with the vote on membership”

– change “terminated by either side (candidate and Familiafeliz EL-DRAC (0.1)) at any time.” to “terminated by either side (candidate and Familiafeliz group EL-DRAC) at any time.”

C & A: ok. however, we should have one constant terminology whithin the entire charter.
    Our suggestion: From 2.on change the terminology into
    The charter of the living community FamiliaFeliz group El Drac (hereinafter referred to as “group”)

– change “is also automatically excluded from the community group.” to “is also automatically excluded from the familiafeliz group EL-DRAC.”

C & A: ok, see above

– change “is given to less wealthy members.” to “is given to less wealthy members, if they agree.” Maybe better english please 🙂

– change “and a redesigned charter” to “and a common charter” in preamble 1.1

C & A: hmm, this sounds unlogic to us. A charter of any group of FaFe can only be a common one. If not, the group no longer is affiliated with the spirit and objectives of FaFe. It is then another type of community.
    Also, if a new group comes into existence and gives itself a new charter this charter will always be a resesigned one. Even if everything regarding the content remains the same, this new group will be a new group. And they will give themselves a new name. At least this new name will need to be changed in the charter then – thus it is redesigned.

– general question
    we have the process of plenum, consens and veto in the group plenum and also in every unit plenum. does it make sense to compress the fact of how we want this decission making in 3.1. or – also important option – in the preamble.
    this last aspect could be important, because in case of a later merger of groups if make sense to have this basic aspect definetly out of discussion (to limit discussion and to reduce energy for merging processes).

C & A: good point but not easy. Will need to think a bit more about it. Juan, as agreed, it would be great if you proposed a text within the draft. Might well be we then need to change the structure of the charter again.

2.1.3 and 3.5. could be handled in one part, maybe in 2.1.3 …

C & A: better not. For the moment the structure is quite clear. First preamle and general explanation what is FaFe El Drac. Then the organs and how the act. Then processes. Merging these two points would make it more difficult to read and understand. Or we would have some duplications which we try to avoid….

thats for the moment… 🙂

also from our side, that’s it for the moment. ;-))

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by  juan petry.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by  juan petry.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by  Corinna Klein. Reason: Easier to read

david L Allen
    Participant

Hello Familia Feliz (FF).
    I have read the new charter.
    a) I think it (the structure of FF) as presented/described is difficult to understand. The English is not great in places but, beyond that, explanation of what a ´working unit´ is, who exactly constitutes a plenum, what is a ´living community group´ etc etc are all a bit dry/obscure to me (and I think even more dry/obscure to those who have not experienced FF closely).
    I believe it is very important to include specific examples for the range of ´terms´ to aid understanding. And to create a pictorial representation of the ´structure/interdependency/hierarchy´ of FF as a ´live snapshot/picture´ of the day-to-day organisation.
    b) The Charter gives, to me at least, a very neagtive initial impression because
    i) There is a concentration on terms/situations, in quick succession, such as:
    ´non-negotiable preamble´
    ´exclusion of members´
    ´dissolution or division of the living community group´
    ´Possible exclusion of members´
    ´group division or separation´
    ´The 12-month-test period can be terminated by either side at any time´
    ´the candidate becomes a member if no other member uses his veto right´
    ´A member loses his right to vote in the…plenum if another member applies for his/her exclusion. Each member can apply for exclusion of one member per year´
    ´A member is excluded if another member applies for his/her exclusion in the yearly…plenum and the group plenum decides to dismiss him/her. If a…member is not member of any working unit anymore, he/she is also automatically excluded from the community group´
    ´Triple unexcused absence from the yearly group plenum leads to immediate exclusion of the member´
    ´Each member remains personally responsible for his/her withdrawal´
    etc etc

I understand many, if not all, of these conditions/situations are importantbut, if the charter is to act (which it does) as a ´gateway´ to the community then, as a result of all theses examples and highlights from the text, the impression given is, to me, a very negative one – not welcoming/positive.

The emphasis in/language of the charter should, I think, focus on the positive aspects of joining FF. Examples of units/structure, as mentioned above, would help in this but more focus/language should describe in more detail/colour the positive aims/objectives/advantages of becoming a member: the social aspect, the environmental aspect, the freedom of no ´isms in the community, the hoped for range of ages and nationalities of members, the range of skills, the emphasis on a creative/active/artistic efforts, self-sustainability of income from produce and projects and services, the welcome of diverse initiatives and learning etc etc

I hope this is useful feedback!

Best wishes,
    David

juan petry
    Keymaster

hello david,

thank you for your brief response to the draft… and great, how many hints you have pointed out.
    i will work through this step by step… and… it is only my personl private opinion and not the final answer to your explanation…

—-
    a) I think it (the structure of FF) as presented/described is difficult to understand. The English is not great in places but, beyond that, explanation of what a ´working unit´ is, who exactly constitutes a plenum, what is a ´living community group´ etc etc are all a bit dry/obscure to me (and I think even more dry/obscure to those who have not experienced FF closely).

this is an imortant point. we should discuss this. i think we are maybe a little bit “blind” because for us are terms like unit / group etc. clear. but from the beginning to the end we should define the important words whenever we use them the first time.

also i was thinking – and i will do this after 15.09. – to write a comment to the final charter. because i feel we have to focus both – a short structure to explain the main issues and the main targets and to handle it smart AND a clear text, easy to understand.

I believe it is very important to include specific examples for the range of ´terms´ to aid understanding. And to create a pictorial representation of the ´structure/interdependency/hierarchy´ of FF as a ´live snapshot/picture´ of the day-to-day organisation.

i will do that. i was thinking about maps and comments for the pieces of this charter. and i could only invite everybody to think about this.

b) The Charter gives, to me at least, a very neagtive initial impression because
    i) There is a concentration on terms/situations, in quick succession, such as:
    ´exclusion of members´
    ´Possible exclusion of members´
    ´group division or separation´
    ´The 12-month-test period can be terminated by either side at any time´
    ´the candidate becomes a member if no other member uses his veto right´
    ´A member loses his right to vote in the…plenum if another member applies for his/her exclusion. Each member can apply for exclusion of one member per year´
    ´A member is excluded if another member applies for his/her exclusion in the yearly…plenum and the group plenum decides to dismiss him/her. If a…member is not member of any working unit anymore, he/she is also automatically excluded from the community group´
    ´Triple unexcused absence from the yearly group plenum leads to immediate exclusion of the member´
    etc etc

hm… we both know, that we are comming from different sides to look at the same object, so we are both able to see it from a different way. let me explain some aspects in detail and – if you like – give a reply to these…

the idea behind was, to have a clear, easy, little but powerful anchor for a group. in fact, i dont want to talk again and again about some principles. the idea is: on the way to limit yourself you will get freedom.
    from biological point: imagine, if we could change our DNA every moment… we would need so many energy to transform, that we are not sustainable in the global competition (“suvival of the fittest”).

´exclusion of members´
    you are right, that this handling of exclusion takes wide space in the charter. but this is the result of many discussions around with other communities. they are all full of blockades, driven by a few members. the spirit behind is, that we want to remember even the powerful people in the group, that they are self-responsible for their happiness and that there are automatical ways of exclusion and a tiny path to exclude somebody…not more.

this is one of the moments, in which we are both looking at the same thing, but from different sides. for me this is a very positive aspect of the charter. first their is a big signal to a powerful road to develop the familiafeliz groups, there is security for a member to transform a bigger group into smaler pieces (more quick, powerful, sustainable) without loosing the connection to the benefits of this living community.

in conjunction with the preamble the handling of groups defines a way of growing a lot (and emergent qualities we even dont know now, could take place in the future).

let me use this piece to ask you: what is the negative in that? and what would be a better explanation for day-to-day-life-handling?

I understand many, if not all, of these conditions/situations are importantbut, if the charter is to act (which it does) as a ´gateway´ to the community then, as a result of all theses examples and highlights from the text, the impression given is, to me, a very negative one – not welcoming/positive.

this is important. i know you a little and i could imagine this. but i need much more information, how to explain the principals in a different way without loosing the red line…

i imagine, you miss more “we” and “ours” and such positive things, to do, to act in a way, to get happy in doing this or that…

but exactly this is – for me personaly – part of the problem. if somebody write a sentence, how YOU have to act to be happy or to make the group members happy… then the writer of this charter turn from an equal member to a guru full of hybris.

i dont know your way to get freedom and happiness. i want to work for a space to develop this. so i could share only with you the spirit, to create and support this space. whatever the member does inside this space is private, personal, and not under my observation or control.

let me say this in a picture, to make it easy to understand:

in a group of dogs there are two types: when the group is together there are dogs looking to the outside, and there are dogs looking to the inside. the dogs looking to outside are protecting the group, they need alimentation from inside. the dogs are looking to inside (this looks much more social and positive) are handling the daily life inside the group and they are alimentating the other, because they are protected by them.

the group is stable if BOTH are existing. the balanace between is defined by ressources and pressure from outside.

in this picture the charter describes the activities at the border but NOT the activities inside the group. why. because this is up to each member to define by himself, how he get it…

The emphasis in/language of the charter should, I think, focus on the positive aspects of joining FF. Examples of units/structure, as mentioned above, would help in this but more focus/language should describe in more detail/colour the positive aims/objectives/advantages of becoming a member: the social aspect, the environmental aspect, the freedom of no ´isms in the community, the hoped for range of ages and nationalities of members, the range of skills, the emphasis on a creative/active/artistic efforts, self-sustainability of income from produce and projects and services, the welcome of diverse initiatives and learning etc etc

yes! great. i feel you miss these content… but… if we put this in the charter, doesnt it look like a contract to “get” something… and if you offer such positive things – and really its the reason for me to join this group ! – who is responsible to reach the targets? i agree totally, that fafe make sense only for a member, if she / he could reach some of this targets. but the only thing, we are able to offer a new possible member is the space, and not the activity inside the space.

and…

this is the truth.

imagine, in march 2016 mariella was thinking to be part time in cervera and part time in germany, in april there where people helping us to plant 120 tomato plants for summer guests and the future… and now? we should be quiet to “hangout” the positive and beautiful, the charter is not a marketing tool to grep people.

so. help us to reach a better level of english and… give hints to “change” and “delete” or “add” words or sentence. this could be useful for the next gernaration.

in general: THANK YOU A LOT for your comments. you are right, that we have to make the things more clear.

Corinna Klein

Dear all,
    many thanks for your detailed remarks and interesting points of view on the charter.
    I try to answer in all aspects but will do so in several posts.

@ Juan: I’ll write between the lines of your comment – hope that’s ok. But I think this helps in avoiding dulicity

@ David: Your comments are as well very valuable for us and deserve a little more time and a post of their own 😉

With both, your comments and Antje and my own evaluations I updated the existing draft of our charter and post this here as well

If you rather like to have it in Word for better editing, please let me know and I send it by mail

Cheers
    Corinna

Corinna Klein

Here is the latest draft:

1. Preamble of the charter of the living community FamiliaFeliz

1.1 FamiliaFeliz is a decentralized living community with shared economy organized in groups. Each group shares this non-negotiable preamble and acts independently under its own charter. Groups can merge in a unified plenum under this preamble and a redesigned charter. The decision about merger is taken in a group plenum and shall be the last topic.
    FamiliaFeliz is committed to freedom, tolerance and personal happiness and is deeply connected to the European culture. It offers open social space for all its associated friends, candidates and members who are organized, working and living in units.
    To FamiliaFeliz belongs only, who accepts the charter of its group and is member of at least one working unit.

1.2 Purpose, Targets
    FamiliaFeliz develops sustainable social and economic well-being and security in harmony with environment and nature. FamiliaFeliz practices shared economy based on non-conditional, self-responsible donation of resources and distinction between ownership and possession.
    Knowledge transfer and cooperation are the preferred means to contribute to the improvement of the community and the surrounding society.

2. The charter of the living community FamiliaFeliz group El Drac (hereinafter referred to as “group”)

This is the non-negotiable charter for all members and units of the existing group El Drac as well as for new groups, created by group division (see 3.6.1).

2.1 Organs of the group
    2.1.1 Group plenum
    The group plenum is the central organ of the group, consisting of the group members. Meetings are public. Each member has one vote. Voting rights are not transferable. Candidates have no voting rights but the right to speak. Decisions are made by consensus, each member has a veto right.
    The group plenum decides about: admission and exclusion of members, accreditation of units, projects that are cooperation between accredited units and non-members, dissolution or division of the living community group.
    Plenary sessions of the group are held once a year at the invitation of an accredited home unit. Possible exclusion of members shall always be the first, possible inclusion of members shall always be the second; group division or separation shall always be the third topic.

2.1.2 Unit
    A unit combines people and resources with a target. At least one member of the unit has to be a member of the group. There are long-term units like home units and working units (association, company) and temporary units (projects, events).
    A new unit applies for accreditation in the group plenum. If it is accepted it becomes an accredited group unit. If it is rejected it remains a private initiative of one – or several – members of the group.
    Units decide in unit plenum. Each member has one vote. Voting rights are not transferable. Decisions are made by consensus, each member has a veto right. The veto right does not apply in decisions about one’s own exclusion. The unit plenum decides about: entry and exclusion of members of the unit, development, target and organization of the unit.

2.1.3 Member
    Any person who is at least 23 years old and accepts the charter can apply for membership. Upon recommendation of at least one working unit the yearly group plenum decides about admission. If the applicant is accepted, he/she has the status of a candidate for a 12-month-test period. The 12-month-test period can be terminated by either side (candidate and the group) at any time. After six months the candidate has to present proposals for an entry and exit agreement which is binding with the vote on membership. After one year the candidate becomes a member if no other member uses his veto right.
    A member loses his right to vote in the group plenum if another member applies for his/her exclusion. Each member can apply for exclusion of one member per year. If the application for exclusion is rejected by the group plenum, the member gets back the right to vote, after all applications for exclusions in this plenary session are decided.
    A member is excluded if another member applies for his/her exclusion in the yearly group plenum and the demission is agreed.
    If a group member is not member of any working unit anymore, he/she is also automatically excluded from the community group.

3. General
    3.1 The dialogue
    The basic procedure in the group is the dialogue in plenum. Triple unexcused absence from the yearly group plenum leads to immediate exclusion of the member.

3.2 Service and contribution
    All services and contributions performed by a member of the community group are given voluntarily and free of charge. All services or benefits that a member withdraws from the community group are given voluntarily and without expectation of a return service or benefit. Each member remains personally responsible for his/her withdrawal.
    The group pursues decentralized steady growth. In order to keep organizational stabliblity each member is obligated to actively shape the group concerns.

3.3 Asset and every day economy – possession – ownership
    When a person is a candidate, later member, possession of his/her property is assigned to the group whereas ownership remains with the person. If a person with real estate enters the community, usufruct (possession) goes to the group, ownership remains with the person. On the other hand, the group is obliged to preserve and increase this property. In case of assets in form of shares or cash the basic value (share value, savings account, etc.) remains in the ownership of the person. The possession or usufruct (e.g. interests and bonuses) goes to the group. The group is responsible for the necessary payments for saving contracts, insurances, mortgages, etc. Personal income (e.g. salary, rent, pension, family support, unemployment benefit etc.) goes to the group, but its administration remains in the hands of the individual. Money allocation means donation.

3.4 Economic balance
    The group and its units strive for economic balance. If they agree, ownership of assets created by or in the groups is given to less wealthy members. Usufruct remains in the group.

3.5 Exit of a member
    Upon leaving a member takes all his/her property (including possession/usufruct) out of the group. Further details are regulated in his/her exit agreement.

3.6 Group division and group separation
    3.6.1 Group division
    A group has a maximum of 64 members. If the number of members exceeds 8 the group may be divided. If the number of members exceeds 64 the group shall be divided. Each new group shall have a minimum of 4 members. This process is called group division. Each member has the right to declare to which new group he/she wants to belong.

3.6.2 Group separation
    A minimum of 4 members can apply for separation, if each new group again has at least 4 members. Each member has the right to declare to which new group he/she wants to belong. Any changes of the charter the new, separated group wants to realize require acceptance by the first group plenum.

3.6.3 Implementation of separation or division
    Both group division and group separation shall be declared at the yearly group plenum without plenary decision.

Corinna Klein

I’m not sure if it works but I tried to upload the word doc. Should be here : http://www.familiafeliz.eu/fafe-group-el-drac-charter_20160911/

if not, please send a note and I mail it to you

juan petry
    Keymaster

hello corinna,

thanks, the correct link is another but i get it. i will add my changes and i will post a new pdf here soon as possible today.

thanks for your work! in the name of so many friends around, looking for new drafts 🙂

cu
    juan

Corinna Klein

Hi David,
    again many thanks for your input. I very much appreciate that you share your thoughts.
    In general I can say: yes I agree – to almost everything you point out. However for me these aspects of “getting a feeling of community”, positive thinkgs about FaFe, why Fafe and not any other community, benefits for the member….., these aspects for me belong into information material. The charter is not really a piece of information material. It is more like “general terms and conditions”. These are never easy to read as they are more or less technical and contain issues of law and regulations. And that is what the charter stands for in my opinion: for rules and common behaviour that is not negotiable. FaFe has very few rules and even less processes to control compliance. But there are few. Without those it would not be FaFe as we want to build it. And anybody who wants to become a member has to accept these rules, meaning this charter. Additionaly the charter decribes general processes which can, if it comes to conflict, help very much to resolve these conflicts. If the exit proceedure is not clear, the strong will take something whith him, the weak will not. With defined processes on those key points we think and hope to make the real life situation easier when it occurs.

Regarding your points: as you know we have this information sheet everybody receives when they first contact us through the webside. This pdf is some years old now and really needs an update. Most of what you point out could very much improve this pdf. This is the first documents people receive when they find us in www. With this document we either wake interest – or we fail.

Besides the comment and glossary to the charter Juan wants to create I think it is most important to take this pdf and turn it into a real bit of information material. For the time beeing it contains a lot of information but it is not really a marketing tool. Over the last years when we only had this pdf it was necessary that in one document we combined elements of information and elements of regulation and process decription. Now that the charter is almost ready, we can separate those docs better and give each an individual character and objective.

Regarding the English: Please feel free to correct our gramma and spelling in any case you think necessary. We very much appreciate to improve our skills and we really would want an English version “readable” and understandable by native speakers and others. On the longer turn we are going to translate the charter and the information material in different languages, such as Spanish, French and German.

I look forward to reading your further thoughts. 🙂
    Cheers
    Corinna

juan petry
    Keymaster

hello to all,

here i published my new version. it contains the changes of antje and corinna and – as i promissed – i erased some redundance and i tried to make it smarter.

download here: draft of 2016-09-12-hjp (pdf)

i will add here also the link to a merged draft including changes (bold) and erased parts, download here: draft of 2016-09-12 (doc)

and finally i will publish the changes here and explain the “why”. For each change i added ((x)) and refer at the end to this.

1. Preamble of the charter of the living community FamiliaFeliz

1.1 FamiliaFeliz

FamiliaFeliz is a decentralized living community with shared economy organized in groups. Each group shares this non-negotiable preamble and acts independently under its own charter. Groups can merge in a unified plenum under this preamble and a redesigned charter. The decision about merger is taken in a group plenum and shall be the last topic.

1.2 Commitment

FamiliaFeliz is committed to freedom, tolerance and personal happiness and is deeply connected to the European culture. It offers open social space for all its associated friends, candidates and members who are organized, working and living in units.

1.3 Membership

To FamiliaFeliz belongs only, who accepts the charter of its group and is member of at least one working unit.

1.4 Purpose, Targets

FamiliaFeliz develops sustainable social and economic well-being and security in harmony with environment and nature. FamiliaFeliz practices shared economy based on non-conditional, self-responsible donation of resources and distinction between ownership and possession.

1.5 Tools, means

Knowledge transfer and cooperation are the preferred means to contribute to the improvement of the community and the surrounding society. ((1))

2. The charter of the living community FamiliaFeliz group El Drac (hereinafter referred to as “group”)((2))

This is the non-negotiable charter for all members and units of the existing group El Drac as well as for new groups, created by group division (see 3.6.1).

2.1 Organs of the group

2.1.1 Group plenum ((3))

The group plenum is the central organ of the group, consisting of the group members. Meetings are public and held once a year. Each member has one vote. Voting rights are not transferable. Candidates have no voting rights but the right to speak. Decisions are made by consensus, each member has a veto right.

The group plenum decides about: admission and exclusion of members, accreditation of units, projects that are cooperation between accredited units and non-members, dissolution or division of the living community group. ((4))

Plenary sessions of the group are held once a year at the invitation of an accredited home unit. ((5)) Possible exclusion of members shall always be the first, possible inclusion of members shall always be the second; group division or separation shall always be the third topic.

Each member has one vote. Voting rights are not transferable. Candidates have no voting rights but the right to speak. Decisions are made by consensus, each member has a veto right. The veto right does not apply in decisions about one’s own exclusion.

((6))

2.1.2 Unit

Units are accepted by the group plenum as a home unit or a working unit. A unit combines people and resources with a target ((7)). At least one member of the unit has to be a member of the group. There are long-term units like home units and working units (association, company) and temporary units (projects, events).

A new unit applies for accreditation in the group plenum. If it is accepted it becomes an accredited group unit. If it is rejected it remains a private initiative of one – or several – members of the group.

((8)) Units decide in unit plenum. Each member has one vote. Voting rights are not transferable. Decisions are made by consensus, each member has a veto right. The veto right does not apply in decisions about one’s own exclusion. The unit plenum decides about: entry and exclusion of members of the unit, development, target and organization of the unit. ((9))

2.1.3 Member

Any person who is at least 23 years old and accepts the charter can apply for membership. Upon recommendation of at least one working unit the yearly group plenum decides about admission. If the applicant is accepted, he/she has the status of a candidate for a 12-month-test period. The 12-month-test period can be terminated by either side (candidate and the group or any member) at any time. After six months the candidate has to present proposals for an entry and exit agreement which is binding with the vote on membership. The group plenum decides about entry. After one year the candidate becomes a member if no other member uses his veto right. ((10))

A member loses his right to vote in the group plenum if another member applies for his/her exclusion. Each member can apply for exclusion of one member per year. If the application for exclusion is rejected by the group plenum, the member gets back the right to vote, after all applications for exclusions in this plenary session are decided.

A member is excluded if another member applies for his/her exclusion in the yearly group plenum and the demission is agreed by the group plenum or if he is not member of any working unit or by triple unexcused absence from group plenum. ((11))

If a group member is not member of any working unit anymore, he/she is also automatically excluded from the community group.

3. General

3.1 The dialogue

The basic procedure in the group is the dialogue in plenum. Triple unexcused absence from the yearly group plenum leads to immediate exclusion of the member. ((12))

3.2 Service and contribution

All services and contributions performed by a member of the community group are given voluntarily and free of charge. All services or benefits that a member withdraws from the community group are given voluntarily and without expectation of a return service or benefit. Each member remains personally responsible for his/her withdrawal.

The group pursues decentralized steady growth. In order to keep organizational stability each member is obligated to actively shape the group concerns. ((13))

3.3 Asset and every day economy – possession – ownership

When a person is a candidate, later member, possession of his/her property is assigned to the group whereas ownership remains with the person. If a person with real estate enters the community, usufruct (possession) goes to the group, ownership remains with the person. On the other hand, the group is obliged to preserve and increase this property. In case of assets in form of shares or cash the basic value (share value, savings account, etc.) remains in the ownership of the person. The possession or usufruct (e.g. interests and bonuses) goes to the group. The group is responsible for the necessary payments for saving contracts, insurances, mortgages, etc. Personal income (e.g. salary, rent, pension, family support, unemployment benefit etc.) goes to the group, but its administration remains in the hands of the individual. Money allocation means donation.

3.4 Economic balance

The group and its units strive for economic balance. If they agree, ownership of assets created by or in the groups is given to less wealthy members. Usufruct remains in the group.

3.5 Exit of a member

Upon leaving a member takes all his/her property (including possession/usufruct) out of the group. Further details are regulated in his/her exit agreement.

3.6 Group division and group separation

3.6.1 Group division

A group has a maximum of 64 members. If the number of members exceeds 8 the group may be divided. If the number of members exceeds 64 the group shall be divided. Each new group shall have a minimum of 4 members. This process is called group division. Each member has the right to declare to which new group he/she wants to belong.

3.6.2 Group separation

A minimum of 4 members can apply for separation, if each new group again has at least 4 members. Each member has the right to declare to which new group he/she wants to belong. Any changes of the charter the new, separated group wants to realize require acceptance by the first group plenum.

3.6.3 Implementation of separation or division

Both group division and group separation shall be declared at the yearly group plenum without plenary decision.

((1)) I meet after talking yesterday by phone the structure and feel it is the best case, equal if other preambles are designed without 1.1., 1.2., 1.3. and so on. Please see my changes as an item in the discussion.

((2)) I erased some words because I think it is redundant and I changed El Drac to EL DRAC (branding 🙂 ).

((3)) Another time, less is more…

((4)) I changed the position of the part around vote. In this way we have internally in 2.1.1. the structure definition / target / handling.

((5)) This I feel we could erase because it is inherent I the upper statements and no needs to repeat or clarify this. It is a sample for me to try to make it as easy as possible and as smart as possible. Let us think about this: anyway, if there is a plenum of members they have to come together. We dont need to point out that there has to be an invitation of a home unit. It will be this, maybe… 🙂

((6)) Sorry for that item, but I struggle a lot around the line of defined terms. I feel, that a group is a set of units and a unit is a set of members, ressources and targets. Maybe we have to change the order first member, last plenum/group. Also I am running into struggle around plenum/group. Is plenum a tool to be used by a group?

((7)) Humans are – naturally – ressources. sorry for that.

((8)) In conjunction with the first sentence here I feel happy to erase all this details. If a unit is acceped it is OK, we dont need to talk about all the other “outside”. Important for us is, if a Unit is accepted, it is a unit and it has to be defined as a home unit OR a working unit. This will be very important for the future of the unit, because it counts by thinking about exclusion of a member or not. Only working units are able to define a status of a person as “to be member of a FamiliaFeliz group”.

((9)) In conjunction to the last discussion by phone I tried to be smart again. I talk here only about “unit” and not about “home” unit or “working” unit. In this meaning I will deliver the idea, that the word “organisation” in the last sentence includes (!) the strategies inside the unit to make decisions. I want to live in a home unit, in which the members decide like they do in the group plenum, and this will be defined by the members of exactly this home unit.

((10)) Again, less and easy. I think we dont need to point out that a member could use a veto. Its part of the process of decision making and defined before. And if we talked before about 12 month test period it is clear that it will be the next following plenum.

((11)) Less text, same meaning… I hope so… 🙂

((12)) Already done in ((11))

((13)) I run out of time a little, so I focused the first parts (preamble and organs). It doesnt mean that I see no needs to change hereinafter something. lets continue the dialog…

juan petry
    Keymaster

ups… let me add one thing: in 2.1.2. there is in the last sentence two times “of the unit”… i think we could erase this both 🙂

juan petry
    Keymaster

ok. o my dear… corinna… you changed “my” post in this thread and just now i discover this. sorry… but i was not able to see this before. it might be better to post your adds in your own comment… tzzz.. 🙂

ok. i will read and maybe we have to change more…

big hug anyway…

Corinna Klein

my dear Juan ;-))
    I wrote in my very first post that I would write between YOUR lines
    I even explained why ;-)))

always read from top to bottom first.
    :-*
    Corinna

Corinna Klein

Hi all,
    as just already talked on the phone here are our points for Juans proposal:

2. The charter of the group EL DRAC ==> The charter of the FamiliaFeliz group EL DRAC

2.1.1 Last sentence “The veto right does not apply in decisions about one owne’s exclusion” ==> delete, duplicate

2.1.2 First sentence “Units are accepted…” ==> “Units have to be accepted…” Otherwise it is too soft.
    Last sentence “A member is excluded if the demission….” ==> “A member is excluded if the dimission…” typing mistake

Many thanks for your work. It’s going to be great!! ;.))
    Corinna

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.