A small presentation

Welcome Forums units chicken farm windeck de A small presentation

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Antje Schultz

The “chicken farm” is a neighbourhood project of three parties who share the work and maintenance. At the moment (early May 2015) we have 20 hens, 4 cocks, 2 ducks (the other 2 left in the first two weeks and now live on the banks of the Sieg river, about 2 km from here) and 4 quails (only the females survived whereas the male died, but we will get a new one). So it is rather a poultry farm instead of a chicken farm ;=) Right now we have more eggs right than we need for ourselves, so we give eggs to neighbours, family, friends & colleagues. The contribution they give will help us to feed the chicken in winter when there will be almost no eggs – so hopefully this project will pay for itself in the end and will provide us with high quality eggs (and sometimes meat) from happy, free-range animals fed with organic food.

our chicken

For more pictures, see http://www.familiafeliz.eu/units/casa-windeck/poultry-keeping/

• This topic was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by Antje Schultz.
    • This topic was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by juan petry.
    juan petry
    Keymaster

he. i saw the fotos around poultry-keeping. very nice. i like a lot the shelter. amazing work, congrats to karen and jens and anastasia too! and thanks to corinna and you, antje. i like a lot!

if there is no quail male you should look for one quickly. if we have the chance of a “hen clucking” we should be prepared.

i will bring a lot of marmelade for the strong workers 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.