charter – final draft

Welcome Forums constitution – basics charter – final draft

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    juan petry
    Keymaster

Last sentence „A member is excluded if the demission….“ ==> „A member is excluded if the dimission…“ typing mistake

hm, not able to find dimission in the leo.org or other diccionaries online, we need something like: A member is excluded if the group agrees to the exclusion.

juan petry
    Keymaster

hello to all,

i implemented the changes from yesterday (2016-09-12) and added some more… the new version here (pdf).

i will publish the new changes and comments – like i did in the last draft doc with ((x)) hashtags – later here as a new post.

see you soon

juan

juan petry
    Keymaster

yeap… homework is done…

here is the download link to the draft doc version including all the comments to the changes: new draft 2016-09-13 with comments (doc)

and now the content – step by step…

1. Preamble of the charter of the living community FamiliaFeliz ((1))

1.1 FamiliaFeliz

FamiliaFeliz is a decentralized living community with shared economy organized by members in groups. Each group shares this non-negotiable preamble and acts independently under its own charter. Decisions in group plenums made in consensus. Each member has a veto right.((2)) Groups can merge in a unified plenum under this preamble and a redesigned charter. The decision about merger is taken in a group plenum and shall be the last topic.

1.2 Commitment

FamiliaFeliz is committed to freedom, tolerance and personal happiness and is deeply connected to the European culture. It offers open social space for all its associated friends, candidates and members who are organized, working and living in units.

1.3 Membership

To FamiliaFeliz belongs only, who accepts the charter of its group and is member of at least one working unit.

1.4 Purpose, Targets

FamiliaFeliz develops sustainable social and economic well-being and security in harmony with environment and nature. FamiliaFeliz practices shared economy based on non-conditional, self-responsible donation of resources and distinction between ownership and possession.

1.5 Tools, means

Knowledge transfer and cooperation are the preferred means to contribute to the improvement of the community and the surrounding society.

2. The charter of the FamiliaFeliz group EL DRAC ((3))(hereinafter referred to as “group”)

This is the non-negotiable charter for all members and units of the existing group EL DRAC as well as for new groups, created by group division (see 3.6.1). ((4))

2.1 Organs

2.1.1 Plenum

The group plenum is the central organ consisting of the group members. Meetings are public and held once a year. The group plenum decides about: admission and exclusion of members, accreditation of units, projects that are cooperation between accredited units and non-members, dissolution or division of the living community group.

Possible exclusion of members shall always be the first, possible inclusion of members shall always be the second; group division or separation shall always be the third topic.

Each member has one vote. Voting rights are not transferable. Candidates have no voting rights but the right to speak. Decisions are made by consensus, each member has a veto right.

2.1.2 Unit

Units have to be accepted by the group plenum as a home unit or a working unit. A unit combines resources with a target. At least one member of the unit has to be a member of the group. The unit plenum decides about: entry and exclusion of members, development, target and organization.

2.1.3 Member

Any person who is at least 23 years old and accepts the charter can apply for membership. Upon recommendation of at least one working unit the yearly group plenum decides about admission. If the applicant is accepted, he/she has the status of a candidate for a 12-month-test period. The period can be terminated by either side (candidate or any member) at any time. After six months the candidate has to present proposals for an entry and exit agreement which is binding with the vote on membership. The group plenum decides about entry.

A member loses his right to vote in the group plenum if another member applies for his/her exclusion. Each member can apply for exclusion of one member per year. If the application for exclusion is rejected by the group plenum, the member gets back the right to vote, after all applications for exclusions in this plenary session are decided.

A member is excluded if the group agrees to the exclusion ((5)) or if he is not member of any working unit or by triple unexcused ((6)) absence from group plenum.

3. General

3.1 Dialogue ((7))

The basic procedure in the group is the dialogue in plenum.

3.2 Service and contribution

All services and contributions performed by a member of the community group are given voluntarily and free of charge. All services or benefits that a member withdraws from the community ((8)) group are given voluntarily and without expectation of a return service or benefit. Each member remains personally responsible for his/her withdrawal.

The group pursues decentralized steady growth. In order to keep organizational stability each member is obligated to actively shape the group concerns. ((9))

3.3 Asset and every day economy – possession – ownership

When a person is a candidate, later member, possession of his/her property is assigned to the group whereas ((10)) Ownership of candidates and members remains with the person. If a person with real estate enters the community, ((11)) Personal income and usufruct (possession) goes to the group members, administration remains with the person. On the other hand, tThe group members are is obliged to preserve and increase this property. In case of assets in form of shares or cash the basic value (share value, savings account, etc.) remains in the ownership of the person. The possession or usufruct (e.g. interests and bonuses) goes to the group. ((12)) The group members are is responsible for the necessary payments for saving contracts, insurances, mortgages, etc. Personal income (e.g. salary, rent, pension, family support, unemployment benefit etc.) goes to the group members, but its administration remains in the hands of the individual. Money Allocation means donation. ((13))

3.4 Economic balance

The group and its units members ((14)) strive for economic balance. If less wealthy members agree, ownership of assets created by or in the groups is given to them. Usufruct remains in the group. ((15))

3.5 Exit of a member

Upon leaving a member takes all his/her property (including possession/usufruct) out of the group. Further details are regulated in his/her exit agreement.

3.6 Group division and group separation

3.6.1 Division

A group has a maximum of 64 members. If the number of members exceeds 8 the group may be divided. If the number of members exceeds 64 the group shall be divided. Each new group shall have a minimum of 4 members. This process is called group division. Each member has the right to declare to which new group he/she wants to belong. For each new group the original charter is still valid without changes. ((16))

3.6.2 Separation

A minimum of 4 members can apply for separation, if each new group again has at least 4 members. This process is called group separation. ((17)) Each member has the right to declare to which new group he/she wants to belong. Any changes of the charter the new separated group wants to realize require acceptance by the first group plenum.

3.6.3 Implementation

Both group division and group separation shall be declared at the yearly group plenum without plenary decision.

((1)) I know … I know… I know… the intro of this pdf could be confusing or baffling the reader. It was 2 in the night and a brilliant idea behind and I put it there, maybe at the end it will find a place in the intro of the comment book… and there I will explain in detail what it means my quotation and why I think it show a peak of wisdom.

((2)) What happened with this word consensus in our charter… oh I think it is important to implement this not only in the general pdf file we published years ago. And I think, the preamble is the right place for this…

((3)) As Antje wanted…

((4)) Less redundant and written at the end in the 3.6. section, so I kicked it out.

((5)) I was not happy with dimission, see also emails, neither demission 🙂 … ok?

((6)) I kicked out this word because I have no idea about what this means, you decides what it means and who decides if he follow the other in the interpretation of this word. without its smart and clear, I dont want to talk about the why and what, 3 times not at the round table is easy to handle like all numbers under 6 (for western people).

((7)) Less words, more clear…

((8)) Less words, more clear…

((9)) Many problems with this sentence, no problems without. sample: what happened if the member does not? what means stability, who monitor this, who punishes?

((10)) Between 10 and 13 are a lot of redundant words and meanings and I renovated the sentences.

((11)) Not clear and not enough, for me the source of private property is equal, the candidate could have some, get some… we dont know…anyway, he will donate usufruct…

((12)) Less redundant…

((13)) Less redundant, and written before… I changed also the red marked etc. in the pdf version. I dont feel good in such an important text with etc… also I erased all text content in brackets because this is comment, nothing else, and therefor in the later published comment to the charter…

((14)) The group is not a person, it becomes acting through the activity of the person. I feel angry if a prime minister said: I dont want but as the prime minister I have to do… thats bullshit… 🙂 … right? Let us write the correct actor, group is not a shape for “things not done”…

((15)) Less redundant, because also written before…

((16)) As we talked about it I feel more sure about it, if we write clear, that in case of division the same charter is binding for both new groups. better english welcome anyway 🙂

((17)) Its like in 3.6.1 to give the kid a name…

juan petry
    Keymaster

here is a german version of the raft from 2016-09-13new.

download charter-draft-2016-09-13-new-de (pdf)

attention! this is a raw translation and itself NOT exactly the base of this discussion. by any trouble the english version leads…

i published this to motivate you to produce questions … and ideas…

we are on the finishing line 🙂

juan petry
    Keymaster

hello to all,
    yesterday – on the way to translate into german – i saw this…

2.1.1 Plenum
    The group plenum is the central organ consisting of the group members. Meetings are public and held once a year. The group plenum decides about: admission and exclusion of members, accreditation of units, projects that are cooperation between accredited units and non-members, dissolution or division of the living community group. (…)

i have a problem with the part: “projects that are cooperation between accredited units and non-members”.

why? this implies that the goup is able to get power over decisions of units. i remember this piece where rising up around the discussion about aquaponics in the bio garden unit in spain. i remember that we where talking with the member of the german home unit about that and at the end they decide thats a question of the members of the unit.

solution: i feel we culd erase this part. also we lost “accredited units” on the way and i like…

1.1 FamiliaFeliz
    FamiliaFeliz is a decentralized living community with shared economy organized by members in groups. Each group shares this non-negotiable preamble and acts independently under its own charter. Decisions in group plenums made in consensus. Each member has a veto right.

ups. to late yesterday, i added the part “Decisions in group plenums made in consensus. Each member has a veto right.” and therefor its now two times in the charter… ok. i like it more in the preamble…

we have to decide: this part in the preamble OR in the 2.1.1. inside the charter of the group. what do YOU think?

2.1.3 (…) A member is excluded if the group agrees to the exclusion or if he is not member of any working unit or by triple consecutive absence from group plenum.

i like to add this word “consecutive” to make it more clear…

3.3 (…) The group members are responsible for the necessary payments for saving contracts, insurances and mortgages.

I like to change into this:

The group members are responsible for the necessary payments for saving contracts, insurances and mortgages and other obligations arising from the possession of the takeover or the usufruct.

1.4 Purpose, Targets

i like to change into:

1.4 Targets

1.5 Tools, means

i like to change into:

1.5 Means

3.2 Service and contribution
    All services and contributions performed by a member of the group are given voluntarily and free of charge. All services or benefits that a member withdraws from the group are given voluntarily and without expectation of a return service or benefit. Each member remains personally responsible for his withdrawal. The group pursues decentralized steady growth.

the last sentence does not fit to the headline service and contribution. my question: do we need this sentence? i mean, yes, we like to grow, but do we need to write it down and is it a fixed “law”? i would apply for erasing this…

3.3. Asset and every day economy – possession – ownership

i would like to change into:

3.3. economy

thats it for the moment… 🙂

see you soon juan

juan petry
    Keymaster

Hello to all,

from time to time we offer so called INFO-Days in our home units. Whenever we meet people interested in the community life and especially in the day-by-day-life of familiafeliz, we have to answer the same questions.

In order to the discussion with Antje and Corinna my homework was to remember these questions. You find the collection below. I welcome you to add more if you miss a question!

We think, everybody should be able to give an answer – fundamentally based on the charter of our group… this is something like a “turning-test” for the value of this charter.

I ordered the list in headlines like economy. Also i tried to place the questions in order in relation to the quantity we meet them on INFO-Days.

Economy
    How members of FaFe are protected of vampires who take resources all the time?
    Did I loose my property if I enter FaFe?
    Could I use money on my personal bank account for personal needs without asking my home unit members or working unit members?
    Could I take money from my personal bank account and make investments in stock papers with raises my personal property?
    Who pays the bill, if my car get damaged by sharing with other members in a home unit?
    What I could do if I do not trust a member handling the home unit shared budget?
    What I do if I want to bring my children to a private school and I have not the monthly money to pay this school?
    Who will get the property in case of two less wealthy members want it?
    Could a working unit lend money to another working unit?
    Could a home unit lend money to another home unit?
    Who will take over my alimony to my daughter when I become candidate?
    Do I have to donate money from an inheritance?
    Where I have to define my inheritance plans?
    Do I have to make inheritance plans public to other members?

Joining FaFe
    Could I stay in my own house while starting the 12 month test period?
    What happened with my house if nobody of the community will use it?
    If I get a child, is the child automatically member of FaFe?
    Is it possible for one person to join FaFe if this person is part of another community?
    Becomes my company automatically a working unit if I join FaFe?
    Occurs a problem if I have to switch to another home unit because of an new job in the test period?
    Could I vote in a home unit plenum if I am candidate?
    Could I live in different home units if I am candidate?
    Could I apply for membership if no existing working unit wants me but I want to open a new working unit?
    Could i apply without money and job for membership?
    Could i apply with health handicap and very little pension for membership?

Member FaFe group
    Could I live outside from any home unit if I am member of FaFe?
    Could I exclude a member from living in the same home unit directly in case of violence?
    Could I return in my own property, if I was living in another place before and the local home unit didn’t want me as a new member?
    Shall I loose my membership if I could not be part of any working unit because of a 2-years-world-trip-invitation?
    What is the main difference between a member and a candidate?
    How I could protect me not to be excluded when I am old and unable to work in working units?

Other conflicts
    How I could a member throw out of my house if he do not care about the value retention?
    How solve the working unit problems with a lazy unreliable member?
    How does FaFe helps if I catch a member of the obvious infraction.
    How i reject the expectation of a member to donate some money to his working unit?
    How a home unit could change facilities if the owner, not living in his property, doesnt want?

Spirit(ual)
    If it is not defined what a member has to eat, to drink, to think, to believe, to do… what a hell is the common spirit of FaFe?
    Does FaFe or the group of members offer me a space for my spiritual ideas?
    Does FaFe or the group of members protect me from influence of religious members?
    What is FaFe in terms of co-evolution?
    Is a member of FaFe a better person?
    What is inside FaFe and what is outside?
    Who defines if I am inside of FaFe?
    Is it possible that all people of the world are organized in FaFe – groups?
    Is the world perfect if all people of the world are organized in FaFe – groups?
    What happens if the charter of a FaFe group violates the public laws of a country?

juan petry
    Keymaster

hello to all,

here a short quot from Iris:
    “Die Kombination aus Dezentralisierung und gemeinsamer Ökonomie und Förderung/Unterstützung finde ich genial!

Ein paar kleine Punkte:
    Vielleicht macht es Sinn, bei dem Thema Ein-und Ausstiegsvereinbarung (2.1.3) näher zu beschreiben, um was es da geht (Finanzen, Verhalten, Fristen etc) – oder evtl an der Stelle zu verweisen auf Punkt 3.5. (siehe Punkt 3.5)
    Genauso unter 1.4., wo die Unterscheidung zwischen Eigentum und Besitz angesprochen wird. Hier vielleicht auch: “siehe Punkt 3.3.”
    Sonst liest man den Rest der Charter vielleicht mit einem Fragezeichen zu diesem Thema.

Nochmal zu dem Ausschluss eines Mitglieds:
    Wenn ich es richtig verstanden habe, ist das nur durch ein Konsens möglich.
    Ich denke, das ist auch wichtig, damit nicht ein aktueller Zwist zwischen Einzelnen zu einem schnellen Ausschluss führen kann.”

the idea is to make the charter as smart as possible and to add a comment to this paper with further description of the items. in case of the entry and exit agreements you are right. we will need a sample of such a paper and we will publish this also.

but we will do this in the comment, not in the charter itself.

the difference between property and usufruct of property is a big theme yes. you are absolutely right that we have to explain it. more and more people dont understand really the difference or they are not sure about it.

again, to let the charter as smart as possible we will add thi stuff also in the comment.

the exit of a member… another big theme. by talking with other communities this is a big step for us to define some “ways out”.

1. every member is free at any time to leave, it is explained in the ext agreement.
    2. every member had accepted the charter and therefor he accepted the rules of automatic exits like – no member of a working unit, three times not at the plenum of his group…
    3. the way to “kick out somebody” is very limited and we are thinking about these steps:
    a) somebody has to apply for that.
    b) this person has to explain in the next plenum why he want this.
    c) the plenum decides in consens.

this means. it is – under our view – impossible to kick out a nice person if “one” member dont like this person…

ok with this?

cu
    juan

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by juan petry.
    Corinna Klein

Hello all,
    here is the latest version of the charter as agreed yesterday in our call plus some proposals on re-wording of point 3.2 economy from Antje and me:

1. Preamble of the charter of the living community FamiliaFeliz

1.1 FamiliaFeliz
    FamiliaFeliz is a decentralized living community with shared economy organized by members in groups. Each group shares this non-negotiable preamble and acts independently under its own charter. Decisions in group plenums are taken by consensus. Each member has a veto right. Groups can merge in a unified plenum under this preamble and a redesigned charter. The decision about merger is taken in a group plenum and shall be the last topic.

1.2 Commitment
    FamiliaFeliz is committed to freedom, tolerance and personal happiness and is deeply connected to the European culture. It offers open social space for all its associated friends, candidates and members who are organized, working and living in units.

1.3 Membership
    To FamiliaFeliz belongs only, who accepts the charter of its group and is member of at least one working unit.

1.4 Targets
    FamiliaFeliz develops sustainable social and economic well-being and security in harmony with environment and nature. FamiliaFeliz practices shared economy based on non-conditional, self-responsible donation of resources and distinction between ownership and possession.

1.5 Means
    Knowledge transfer and cooperation are the preferred means to contribute to the improvement of the community and the surrounding society.

2. The charter of the FamiliaFeliz group EL DRAC (hereinafter referred to as “group”)

This is the non-negotiable charter for all members and units of the existing group EL DRAC.

2.1 Organs
    2.1.1 Plenum
    The group plenum is the central organ consisting of the group members. Meetings are public and held once a year. The group plenum decides about: admission and exclusion of members, accreditation of units, dissolution or division of the living community group.
    Possible exclusion of members shall always be the first, possible inclusion of members shall always be the second; group division or separation shall always be the third topic.
    Each member has one vote. Voting rights are not transferable. Candidates have no voting rights but the right to speak.

2.1.2 Unit
    Units have to be accepted by the group plenum as a home unit or a working unit. A unit combines resources with a target. At least one member of the unit has to be a member of the group. The unit plenum decides about: entry and exclusion of members, development, target and organization.

2.1.3 Member
    Any person who is at least 23 years old and accepts the charter can apply for membership. Upon recommendation of at least one working unit the yearly group plenum decides about admission. If the applicant is accepted, he/she has the status of a candidate for a 12-month-test period. The period can be terminated by either side (candidate or any member) at any time. After six months the candidate has to present proposals for an entry and exit agreement which is binding with the vote on membership. The group plenum decides about entry.
    A member loses his right to vote in the group plenum if another member applies for his/her exclusion. Each member can apply for exclusion of one member per year. If the application for exclusion is rejected by the group plenum, the member gets back the right to vote, after all applications for exclusions in this plenary session are decided.
    A member is excluded if the group plenum agrees on his/her exclusion or if he is not member of any working unit or by triple successive absence from group plenum.

3. Procedures

The basic procedure in the group is the dialogue in plenum.

3.1 Service and contribution
    All services and contributions transferred between members are donations. They are given voluntarily and without expectation of a return service or benefit. Members take services and contributions from other members free of charge. Each member remains personally responsible for his/her withdrawal. ((1))

3.2 Economy ((2 – for the entire point))
    3.2.1 Property
    Ownership of a candidate’s or member’s personal property remains with the person.
    Possession goes to the group members.
    The group members are responsible for the necessary payments for saving contracts, insurances, mortgages and other obligations arising from possession.

3.2.2 Income
    Personal income goes to the group members. Each member remains personally responsible for the allocation of this income in terms of self-consumption or donation.

3.2.3 Economic balance
    The members strive for economic balance among each other. If less wealthy members agree, ownership of new assets is given to them.

3.3 Exit of a member
    Upon leaving a member takes all his/her property out of the group. Further details are regulated in his/her exit agreement.

3.4 Group division and group separation
    3.4.1 Division
    A group has a maximum of 64 members. If the number of members exceeds 8 the group may be divided. If the number of members exceeds 64 the group shall be divided. Each new group shall have a minimum of 4 members. This process is called group division. Each member has the right to declare to which new group he/she wants to belong. For each new group this charter is still valid without changes.

3.4.2 Separation
    A minimum of 4 members can apply for separation, if each new group again has at least 4 members. This process is called group separation. Each member has the right to declare to which new group he/she wants to belong. Any changes of the charter the new separated group wants to realize require acceptance by the first group plenum.

3.4.3 Implementation
    Both group division and group separation shall be declared at the yearly group plenum without plenary decision.

((1)) lean, fewer words. As it is clear that everything is given voluntarily, it is logical that all donations are free of charge. The sentence is not needed.

((2)) easier to read with clear structure, fewer words

Corinna Klein
    Corinna Klein

And here you find the pdf…

Corinna Klein
    juan petry
    Keymaster

hello to all,

here is the first version of a pp – presentation – as part of the “comment to the charter” and i will describe the pages now.

page 1
    title – nothing more
    page 2 – 5
    i imagine to have a keynote in halle in october and will start with these simple pages, to make sure that everybody understand that whatever i talk i could only talk about my view on the charter and my view on what is familiafeliz.
    page 6
    it refers to the preamble and the main construction of familiafeliz. the outer circle is familiafelz, inside are three groups and each group contains three units and each unit contains two members, one tool and one target (the target of this unit).
    all this in a first easy version under ONE preamble and ONE charter…probably the second and third group where born in group division processes…
    page 7
    i will point out that familiafeliz has no real borders like other strong communities have, it is sometimes not clear what is inside and what is outside and this is part of the condition, and not an error in construction. the “cell membran” is open to cross in both directions and ever… so a person could join the community from “other person” to friend, from friend to somebody interested in the community, from that to an applicant, from that to a candidate and at least to a member…
    page 8
    in fact, to work in a unit is the key to be member of familiafeliz, and therefor the concept of units is the most important part to understand the character of this community. the border of a unit is the horizon of control, it means, the space, where unit members are able to use the tools they need to reach the target (of this unit).
    page 9
    maybe there are possible members and tools and targets outside this unit (and inside of a group of familiafeliz)…
    page 10
    so it could be useful to create a second unit, but it doesnt work if the group missed a tool what they need (symbolized as outstanding at the right side of the circle). also it doesnt work, if this unit has no clear target.
    page 11
    and also if the unit needs a special person not willing to join it would not work… and without target it still will not functional…
    page 12
    also with two “main” targets a unit could not be functional. so lets look again at the left side of this page.
    the left unit has 5 members, 3 tools and 1 target. and all is inside the horizon of control, the space to manage…
    if somebody asked, what a unit must be, to be able to become an accepted unit in the group plenum of familiafeliz, it is exactly this. we want, that there is a target and enough members and the right members to reach it, and that they have all tools they needed, and all these tools are available because, therefor inside the horizon of control.
    page 13
    also the plenum will reject the application to accept a new unit, if it meets a similar target in another existing unit. here we do not mentioned the “global targets” of familiafeliz (written in the preamble) and the group targets (written in the charter).
    we dont want, that anybody gets power over another member for any reason, based on the charter. thats the point.
    page 14
    and therefor we dont like also, if there is one tool, and both units need it. this could make trouble and we dont like that.
    page 15
    also one member in two units could be a problem, but realistically this we could solve (we will return later to this – look page 21).
    page 16
    whenever possible we will organize tasks and projects and therefor the units in a way, that we dont run into trouble.
    page 17
    the big circle symbolized one group. it is running under one preamble (as any group of familiafeliz) and it is running under a charter (the historical code number 0.1 says its first children of zero, so the first version at all).
    page 18
    to explain the group separation we show, that one group is splitted into two parts and the new part is able to define a different charter, but under the conditions of the same and unique preamble.
    page 19
    the difference in splitting in a way of group division is, that both new parts will run under the same charter, and to define the historical background for the new one, its called 0.1.1, so it means child of 0.1
    page 20
    thats a more complex view on familiafeliz and it focused the behaviour of interaction between the group and the environment. we do not want to be seperated from the environment and we do not want to define strong borders between our daily life – the question who is inside and who is outside should be a result of the action of a person and less a territorital right, given or donated by “members” with power.
    here we show a unit based on one member inside familiafeliz and his group and a friend outside.
    page 21
    on page 15 we explained that it could be complicated to have a member in two groups because of the option to run into conflicts about reaching two targets at the same time. now its time to solve that, because it is, even in a little community, a normal situation that one member is involved in many units.
    left downside is the member and we have to agree that all the time in our daily lifes we have to split our person into “avatars”. we do this by playing a role. and daily life is full of roles… we wake up as the partner of the couple, we bring the kids to school as the parents, we take the bus as a client and enter the office as an employee. in the free afternoon we join as a teamplayer the football match and on the way home we are the best friend of a good friend. a lot of roles, but still one person.
    the same we think we will do in the community daily life. we will be active part of – here for example – two working units. and we do this as players, playing a role.
    so what is a role. a role is defined by, where we do what and how, but very important, also influenced by what we think we have to do and the outside pressure, what the surrounding thinks what we have to do.
    to solve this inside the familiafeliz group we act under the SAME preamble and the SAME charter, because no unit will be accepted if it is not compartible with this main well-defined conditions.

….

thats for the moment the raw explanation of each page. by any question please post your comment here.

btw. thanks to corinna and antje for the brief job, working on this charter so many hours…

cu juan

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by juan petry. Reason: spelling and link
    juan petry
    Keymaster

hello to all,

we get a brief comment from katharina – based on the version 2016-09-13 – so here is the link: download

big hug and thanks to katharina

i try to extract all comments and give answers in order to the comments here.

juan petry
    Keymaster

hello to all,

i begin to reply to katharinas comments here. first the part of the charter (i use the newest version!, with the prefex x.) and than the comment (prefix x.x) from katharina and than my humble opinion (x.x.x).

“1.2 Commitment
    FamiliaFeliz is committed to freedom, tolerance and personal happiness and is deeply connected to the European culture. It offers open social space for all its associated friends, candidates and members who are organized, working and living in units.”

culture – “a big word, what does it means?”
    culture means for us, in conjunction with the word nature, done, created, assambled, manufactored by humans… in order to wikipedia: The sociology of culture concerns culture—usually understood as the ensemble of symbolic codes used by a society—as manifested in society.
    european means for us, done by people sozialized in europe and living everywhere and all people living in european territories.
    in discussion (!) i am not sure after spending so many hours in research around this charter, if we should change – also as a political statement europe against eurasian. Therefor also read here in Wikipedia.

“1.3 Membership
    To FamiliaFeliz belongs only, who accepts the charter of its group and is member of at least one working unit.”
    only – You mentioned members only or also associated friends?
    only members as we wrote in the second part of the sentence. it this not clear?

“2. The charter of the FamiliaFeliz group EL DRAC (hereinafter referred to as “group”)”
    EL DRAC – is this one group or there are two?
    Its one group only but wrong written, the branding definition is EL-DRAC 🙂 – we will fix this.

“A member loses his right to vote in the group plenum if another member applies for his/her exclusion. Each member can apply for exclusion of one member per year. If the application for exclusion is rejected by the group plenum, the member gets back the right to vote, after all applications for exclusions in this plenary session are decided.
    A member is excluded if the group plenum agrees on his/her exclusion or if he is not member of any working unit or by triple successive absence from group plenum.”
    i do not understand clearly the process. it will decided as the first point in the plenum, also it refers to point 6, because persons are excluded if they are not members of a unit. i am right?
    first of all. we are in the process to change the text a little so it is not in all parts the same. i answer based on the modern last version from 2016-09-18.
    one big part of the charter is the way to handle exclusion, yes. therefor we where thinking a lot about several possible constellations between members who want to kick out somebody and members who want to protect themselves OR other to be kicked out.
    lets have a look at this deeper:
    a) a member want to leave the community. no word in the charter, means, it happens withot any decision or plenum. details are regulated and defined in her / his exit agreement.
    b) member 1 (m1) apply for demission of member 2 (m2). member 3 (m3) apply for demission of member 4 (m4). in order to the charter it is equal if the rest of the members in the group plenum decide FIRST about m2 or about m4 ! that is important. without the little but important content “…after all applications for exclusions in this plenary session are decided.” we have two problems solved in one: first it is not a reason to loose the consensus about the order, m2 first or m4 first. second it limit the option to protect a partner in a situation, in which she/he is not able to block with his veto the exclusion of a partner. you know the problem of addiction and and co-addiction?
    also important. the exclusion as point number one in the agenda of a group plenum have to create a list of members (here m2 and m4) and also this order is not relevant. imagine: m1 apply for exclusion of m2 and m2 for exclusion of m1. in that case obviously m2 react. but we accept this. even we could never know in a case of two persons who is the “black sheep”. in this construction of he charter we dont need to know it.

“or by triple successive absence from group plenum.”
    a lot about exit and a few about entry…my humble opinion.
    in general you are right. we think, we want to limit stress and violence (even mental) with this charter, so we want to limit the typical discussions in groups about exclusion of members… but yes. we write much more about the way out.
    on the other hand…. we have a strong reason not to write so much about the way to enter the community. why? because we think, for each new candidate it will me a personal challenge and it will – if she / he becomes a member – a fundamental change for the group. so every entry is unique at the end… therefor not so much words about that.

“3.2.1 Property
    Ownership of a candidate’s or member’s personal property remains with the person. Possession goes to the group members.”
    i do not understan this sentence.
    yes. your are right. we changed the original text here a lot. hopefully what you read now is more easy and clear, please give us a feedback for that!

“3.4 Group division and group separation
    3.4.1 Division
    A group has a maximum of 64 members. If the number of members exceeds 8 the group may be divided.”
    Group?Unit? i was thinking group means plenum of all units? here you mean unit?
    NO. we mean group. 🙂
    lets explain it. familiafeliz is a set of groups. each group act under its own charter and the same preamble. ok? each group has one or more home units and one or more working units. these units have minimum one member of the group as a member of these units. ok?
    the plenum is the TOOL and organ for the group, to come to decisions. the group plenum is a meeting of all members of a group, equal in which unit they are. ok?
    if you step back a little in this form you will meet the pp – presentation – download as a pdf file. i tried to explain the concepts behind in some pages.

hopefully a little liht in the dark. and again, big hug to katharina for all yur work. you are really welcome.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by juan petry. Reason: spelling
    juan petry
    Keymaster

hello to all,

here is the new version of the draft, it based in all changes of antje and corinna and added a few words and changed some content.

here the doc file: doc
    here the pdf file: pdf

the comment to the changes:

optical – i changed the header of the text and added the last line, the date is a placeholder but i like to place a date for historical reasons

“1. Preamble
    This is the non-negotiable preamble of each charter of all groups of FamiliaFeliz.”

i added this line to repeat the main target of charter and preamble. also it gives the main target of the paper the most important place.

“1.2 Commitment
    FamiliaFeliz is committed to freedom, tolerance and personal happiness.”
    i erased the european culture part. at the end i think we have to overcome these geostrategical thinking. and who knows really what it is, thanks to katharina for that!

“2.1.1 Plenum
    The group plenum is the central organ consisting of the group members. Meetings are public and held once a year. The group plenum decides about: admission and exclusion of members, accreditation of units, dissolution of the living community group.”

i erased division in the last sentence, it does not fit to the last part of the charter.

“2.1.2 Unit
    Units have to be accepted by the group plenum as a home unit or a working unit. A unit combines resources with a target. At least one member of the unit has to be a member of the group. The unit plenum decides about: entry and exclusion of members, development, target and organization, dissolution of the unit.”

i added dissolution of the unit. the unit members should have the right to close the unit, even if the last member went out…and it is not a decision of the group plenum…

thats from my point a possible final draft, but we should keep in mind to transfer it into real native english 🙂

cu
    juan

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.