charter – the general structure of content

Welcome Forums constitution – basics charter – the general structure of content

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    juan petry
    Keymaster

update of the charter
    ——————–

preambel
    FamiliaFeliz is a network of decentralized multinational and multilingual living communities with shared economy. Each community is an independent cell with its own charter and an open social space for personal happyness, success and freedom of its associated friends, candidates and members, organized, working and living in units.
    To FamiliaFeliz belongs, who accept the charter of its cell and is member of minimum one working unit.
    This is the non-negotiable preambel  of all FamiliaFeliz cells, followed by the non-negotiable charter of the FamiliaFeliz cell 0.1.
    familiafeliz

– main targets

FamiliaFeliz develop shared economy based on non-conditional self-responsible donation of ressources and distinction between ownership and possession.
    Decissions made in plenum by consens including veto for each member.
    – restrictions, limits
    Each community cell of Familiafeliz has minimum 4 and maximum 64 members. Bigger than 32 it could divided into cells, bigger than 64 it must be devided into cells.

organs
– plenum
    every yearly familiafeliz plenum starts with handling and deciding of dismissions before other topics are handled.
    – – yearly
    – – order of topics
    – – consens
    – – veto

– cells
    The number of familiafeliz members in a cell is limited to 64. If the number reach 32 the community could be devided, if the number reach 65 it must be devided. Each part must have minimum 4 members. The process is called familiafeliz cell division.

The familiafeliz cell division offer each new cell (the following generation) to change the charter. Changes have to be done in the first new plenum of the new cell.

– units
    A unit combines people and ressources with a target. there are home, working and organ units. the target could be a long-term reason (association, company, homestat) or short termed and fixed (project, event). a unit has minimum one member who is also member of familiafeliz. every member of familiafeliz could join a unit or found a new unit. target and organization of a working unit is definded by the members of the unit.

a unit could apply for accreditation in the familiafeliz plenum. if the familiafeliz plenum accept the unit, it becomes a published accredited unit. if the plenum reject the accreditation it will be a private engagement of one – or some – members of familiafeliz.
    – – working

– – home
    home units must be accepted by the plenum.
    target and organisation of home unit is defined by the general plenum.
    if the plenum reject the accreditation of a new home unit it becomes obsole.

– members

every member of familiafeliz have one vote in the yearly plenum. the vote is non-transferable. a person lost her/his vote in the familiafeliz plenum, if another member apply for dismission. a member could apply for dismission of one member per year, independend of the right to vote. a person get back the right to vote, if the dismission is rejected by the plenum after all applications for dismissions are decided.
    a person lost the membership (dismission) if another member apply for that in the familiafeliz plenum (yearly reunion of all members) and if this person is not part of any unit of familiafeliz  – except her/his home-unit and units with other members, who are applicated to be dismissed . the plenum decide.
    – – membership

– – – join

– – – leave

Antje Schultz

Good morning,

I also have only little time, but I would like to add a few thoughts:

1. I think Corinnas sentence

But it should not be defined in the charta how any unit organizes their way of decision making processes.

was misleading. Of course plenum with consensus and veto is binding for all units! She meant (as I understand it) that it is up to a home or working unit how often they meet for a plenum. That is what we originally said in discussions, that nobody has to tell a unit how often to meet in plenary sessions because this is very different.

2. the “cell-level”

I still do not understand why there should be another level. And if there is a new level, an “umbrella organization” – this has to come in a later step! One does not first found the Dachverband and then its members, but vice-versa! In my thinking, ff is a community. It is like a tree. The tree develops roots (the units) as the basis to survive. There may be more trees (communities) in the future, e.g. after division. If these trees decide to have a common “roof”, they found an umbrella organization. That seems more logical for me.

Moreover I now want to set up the charta for my living community, not for another organization. If you write in the preamble

Each community is an independent cell with its own charter

this means we are now writing the charta of the umbrella and then afterwards for our community… that is too much and too complicated in my opinion.

3. I like multinational, multilingual aspect. It should be in the charta, of course.

4. I was about to write some sentences for the Charta, but now I am really getting confused – which charta are we talking about?

you write:

it looks like new, a group founded without borders and exclusion of other… so. exactly this was the intension, to describe one group and not borders of a group. instead of borders i like to explain what somebody need to be or to do to be able to join.

I agree that ff (the community!) should be as open as possible. But if you define a group, there are always borders, as small or few they may be, but there is an “in” and an “out”. and you wrote yourself about the “way out”. the idea with units that need only 1 member of the community and can have more members who are not members of the community, this IS a new and open concept.
    If a group of people wants to join ff, why not? But they are still individual members then. Their group may be their unit (if the plenum of ff agrees to open that unit). But for that case, as you mentioned it above, I do not see why we need another level.

Important is, you are very right in that point, to define HOW to become a member. There must be a reason for a candidate to really wish to enter the community. We wanted “active” members, remember? ;=)
    Just “liking the idea of the open concept and wishing to be part of a structure without borders” (I exaggerate ;=) would for ME not be enough motivation to JOIN ff – and I probably would not vote for such a candidate to become a member..

5. I still have difficulties in calling a plenum a unit. In the original draft we had the structure:

preamble

target

organs

-plenum
    -functional unit
    (-speaker)

procedure/operation/practice (Verfahren)
    this paragraphs includes how to become a member, how to leave, how to practice shared economy…

I found that very easy and clear. I think it is difficult to call the plenum itself a unit. I could of course think of a unit that organizes and administrates the community and the annual plenum. But I remember also that we wanted as little administration as possible…another reason for not implementing another level :=)

I think we quickly have to find a compromise about the numbers of levels before we go on writing a charta and not knowing/defining whether it is a charta for the community, the umbrella, a cell …. :=)

Have a good day!

juan petry
    Keymaster

to antje
    ——–

Each community is an independent cell with its own charter

this means we are now writing the charta of the umbrella and then afterwards for our community… that is too much and too complicated in my opinion.

3. I like multinational, multilingual aspect. It should be in the charta, of course.

4. I was about to write some sentences for the Charta, but now I am really getting confused – which charta are we talking about?

let me pick this cell – thread before i go into details of what you have written.

we talk here about ONE charter for ONE cell. the unique difference is, that we have the PREAMBEL in front and this is equal for all familiafeliz cells.

so all what i want is, to implement one level (the preambel) as an umbrealla for all cells.

why? because i imagine a world full of cells of familiafeliz. and it would make the life beautiful and easy.

the other thing is, that in this world we have already other groups very interested in networking with familiafeliz. i want to implement a clear way to join for groups as well as for individuals. they have to agree in the basics, written down in a few sentences…

… thats all. 🙂

could you follow my thinking and the target?

norbert
    Participant

Hello Antje,

I am also happy that you joined this discussion 🙂

Ok – just for information: i spontainius will visit a friend for some days and will be back next week (but dont know exactly what day). That means i cant write here the next days.

First to the topic let me say that the general question “defining an umbrella in the charter or not” is a question that the founders of FamiliaFeliz has to answer.

I think you are right in this:

In my thinking, ff is a community. It is like a tree. The tree develops roots (the units) as the basis to survive. There may be more trees (communities) in the future, e.g. after division. If these trees decide to have a common “roof”, they found an umbrella organization.

Very nice picture – i like it.

At least let me say that i feel a bit guilty about the actual umbrella-definition. Just because in my way of thinking there were (and are often :() more borders than it is usefull.
    So i could not imagine to define an “open end” (division) without to define “what comes behind” – but now i think maybe it is a good way not to define this “behind”.
    Anyway what will be defined or not: The groups of people after division will (and have to) do what they want to do.
    If there is something unchangeable defined that they dont want to accept they will leave and maybe build their own community.
    If there is nothing defined all is open for all groups – now i like that idea.

Now i wish you happy days and a good way to a good compromise – i am sure you will find it 🙂
    LG, Norbert

norbert
    Participant

Hello Juan,

i want to implement a clear way to join for groups as well as for individuals. they have to agree in the basics, written down in a few sentences…

Ok that is a point (groups join FamiliaFeliz as a cell and not as a unit) i have not think about – i have only thought about division.
    If that is wanted it can make sense to define an umbrella (preambel) now.

Good night,
    Norbert

juan petry
    Keymaster

to norbert
    ———-

If these trees decide to have a common “roof”, they found an umbrella organization.

i like the idea of an umbrella because we will have individuals AND other communities willing to join the umbrella. my intention is, to give them a clear way to join the familiafeliz ambrella.

the misunderstanding is maybe this. i do NOT want to define, what a cell after cell devision has to do, but i want to give everybody in the process of leaving OUR cell a hint, what it could mean.

sample:

cell a is divided into two cells because there are too many members. in the next generation we have b and c. cell c lost for any reason 50% of the members. now it would be possible for all members of c, to go back an fuse with cell b OR they could refuse as a cell – so b and c are joining and creating a new one (third generation).

in the last case it is easy to define the process, because if we know that we are part of the same family, we could trust and join easyly.

also we do not waste time to talk again abot the preambel again :).

another sample.

there are 8 members of cell a and they want to create their own community. they attrack some other members of cell a to follow. they decide NOT to follow the protocol an they decide to implement another or no preambel. in that case everybody of these followers know what it means to follow this 8 members. it means to leave the umbrella, too.

lets continue the work…

juan petry
    Keymaster

to antje
    ——–

ok. good. but why you wrote charta 🙂

Antje Schultz

Hi, here my contribution to the first part of the charter… I tried to combine our “old draft” with points that came up in the discussion so far. So here my suggestion for the beginning (the rest is following in the next days, but slowly ;=)

Preamble
    FamiliaFeliz is a decentralized multinational and multilingual living community with shared economy. It is committed to freedom, tolerance and personal happiness and is connected to the European culture and idea. It offers open social space for all its associated friends, candidates and members that are organized, working and living in units.
    This charter is binding for all members and units as well as for new cells of FamiliaFeliz, created by division.

Purpose/Targets
    FamiliaFeliz develops sustainable social and economic well-being and security in harmony with environment and nature.
    FamiliaFeliz practices shared economy based on non-conditional, self-responsible donation of resources and distinction between ownership and possession.
    Knowledge transfer and cooperation are the preferred means to contribute to the improvement of the community and the surrounding society.

Restrictions, limits

FamiliaFeliz has a maximum of 64 members. When the community has more than 32 members, it may be divided, when the number of members exceeds 64, the community must be divided. Each new cell must have a minimum of 4 members. This process is called FamiliaFeliz cell division.
    This cell division offers each new cell (the following generation) to change its charter. Changes have to be made in the first new plenum of the new cell.

Organs

Plenum
    The plenum is the central organ of FamiliaFeliz. The plenum is composed of the members of the living community. Meetings are public. Each member has one vote. Voting rights are not transferable. Decisions are made by consensus, each member has a veto right. The veto right does not apply in decisions about one’s own exclusion. The plenum decides about: entry and exit of members, opening and closing of functional units, projects that are cooperation between functional units and non-members, dissolution or division of the living community. Plenary sessions are held once a year at the invitation of a functional unit. Possible exclusion of members would always be the first topic in a plenary session.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by Antje Schultz.
    Antje Schultz

Hi, now I tried to complete the draft of the charter, combining the elements of our first draft with results from talks and discussions…

I used only “his” where it may politically be more correct to say “his/her” – we can decide on that later…

Looking forward to your comments :=)

Preamble
    FamiliaFeliz is a decentralized living community with shared economy. It is committed to freedom, tolerance and personal happiness and is deeply connected to the European culture. It offers open social space for all its associated friends, candidates and members that are organized, working and living in units.
    This charter is binding for all members and units as well as for new cells of FamiliaFeliz, created by division. Any changes of the charter require acceptance by the yearly plenum.

Purpose/Targets
    FamiliaFeliz develops sustainable social and economic well-being and security in harmony with environment and nature.
    FamiliaFeliz practices shared economy based on non-conditional, self-responsible donation of resources and distinction between ownership and possession.
    Knowledge transfer and cooperation are the preferred means to contribute to the improvement of the community and the surrounding society.

Restrictions, limits
    FamiliaFeliz has a maximum of 64 members. When the community has more than 32 members, it may be divided, when the number of members exceeds 64, the community must be divided. Each new cell must have a minimum of 4 members. This process is called FamiliaFeliz cell division.

Organs

Plenum
    The plenum is the central organ of FamiliaFeliz. The plenum is composed of the members of the living community. Meetings are public. Each member has one vote. Voting rights are not transferable. Decisions are made by consensus, each member has a veto right. The veto right does not apply in decisions about one’s own exclusion. The plenum decides about: entry (admission?) and exclusion of members, opening and closing of functional units, projects that are cooperation between functional units and non-members, dissolution or division of the living community. Plenary sessions are held once a year at the invitation of a functional unit. Possible exclusion of members would always be the first topic in a plenary session.

Unit
    A unit combines people and resources with a target. At least one member of the unit has to be a member of FamilaFeliz. There are long-term units like home units and working units (association, company) and temporary units (for projects and events).
    A new unit applies for accreditation in the FamiliaFeliz plenum. If it is accepted, it becomes an accredited FamiliaFeliz unit. If it is rejected, it remains a private initiative of one – or several – members of FamiliaFeliz. Home units must be accepted by the plenum.
    Units decide in plenary sessions. Each member has one vote. Voting rights are not transferable. Decisions are made by consensus, each member has a veto right. The veto right does not apply in decisions about one’s own exclusion. The plenum decides about: entry and exclusion of members of the unit, development, target and organization of the unit.

Members of FamiliaFeliz have a right to vote in plenary sessions and are active participants in units. Each member has to be an active member of at least one working unit.
    Any person who is at least 21 years old and accepts the charter can apply for membership. Upon recommendation of at least one working unit, the yearly plenum decides about admission. If the applicant is accepted, he has the status of a candidate for a 12-month-test period. Candidates have no voting rights, but the right to speak at meetings. After six months, the candidate has to present drafts of an entry and an exit agreement (contract?). The 12-month-test period can be stopped by either side (candidate and FamiliaFeliz) at any time. After one year, the candidate becomes a member, if no other member uses his veto right.
    A member loses his vote in the FamiliaFeliz plenum, if another member applies for his exclusion. Each member can apply for exclusion of one member per year. If the application for exclusion is rejected by the plenum, the member gets back the right to vote, after all applications for exclusions in this plenary session are decided.
    A member loses membership, if another member apply for his exclusion in the yearly FamiliaFeliz plenum and the plenum decides to dismiss him.

General

The basic procedure in the organization of FamiliaFeliz is the dialogue in plenum. Triple unexcused absence from plenary sessions (yearly general plenum and / or unit plenum) leads to immediate exclusion of the member.
    All services and contributions performed by a member of the community are given voluntarily and free of charge. All services or benefits that a member takes (withdraws?) from the community are given voluntarily and without expectation of a return service or benefit. Each member remains personally responsible for his withdrawal.

FamiliaFeliz pursues decentralized steady growth. In order to keep the community organizationally stable, each member is obligated to actively shape the concerns of the community.

When a person is a candidate, later member, possession of his property is assigned to the community whereas ownership remains with the person. If a person with real state enters the community, usufruct (possession) goes to the community, ownership remains with the person. On the other hand, the community is obligated to preserve and increase this property. In case of assets in form of shares or cash, the basic value (share value, savings account, etc.) remains in the ownership of the person. The possession or usufruct (here interest and bonuses) goes to the community. The community is responsible for the necessary payments for savings contracts, insurances, mortgages, etc.

FAFE strives for economic balance. Ownership of assets created by or in the community will be given to less wealthy members. Usufruct remains in the community.

When leaving, a member takes all his property (including possession/usufruct) out of the community. Further details are regulated in his exit agreement.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by Antje Schultz.
    fafe
    Keymaster

thanks for the hatch of the charter 🙂 i like

norbert
    Participant

Hello Antje – and hello Margret 🙂
    Nice to meet you and greets to Noah 🙂

Nice text Antje – my votes for terms:
    entry (admission?) – admission
    agreement (contract?) – agreement
    takes (withdraws?) – withdraws

lg, Norbert

juan petry
    Keymaster

to all
    ——

new version with color and some changes…

1. Preamble

FamiliaFeliz is a decentralized living community with shared economy organised in groups. Each group  share this non-negotiable preambel and act independent under its own charter.
    FamiliaFeliz  develop an open social space for personal happiness, success and freedom of its associated friends, candidates and members, working and living in units.
    To FamiliaFeliz belongs, who accept the charter of its group and is member of minimum one working unit.

1. 1. Purpose / targets

1. 2. Restrictions, limits
    A group of FamiliaFeliz has a maximum of 64 members. When the group has more than 32 members, it may be divided, when the number of members exceeds 64, the group must be divided. Each new group must have a minimum of 4 members. This process is called FamiliaFeliz group division.

2 .1.  The charter of FamiliaFeliz (0.1)
    This is the non-negotiable charter for all members and units of group 0.1 as well as for new groups of FamiliaFeliz, created by group division. Any changes of the charter require acceptance by the first plenum after division.

2. 2. Organs

2.2.1. Plenum
    The plenum is the central organ of FamiliaFeliz. The plenum is composed of the members of the living community group. Meetings are public. Each member has one vote. Voting rights are not transferable. Decisions are made by consensus. Each member has a veto right if nobody had applied for dismission of this member.
    The plenum decides about: admission and exclusion of members, opening and closing of accredited units, projects that are cooperation between accredited units and non-members, dissolution or division of the living community group.
    Plenary sessions are held once a year at the invitation of an accredited home unit. Possible exclusion of members would always be the first, possible inclusion of members would be always the second topic in a plenary session.
    Every unit can apply for group division. If one unit apply for division, it would be always the third and last topic in a plenary session.

2.2.2. Unit
    A unit combines people and resources with a target. At least one member of the unit has to be a member of FamilaFeliz. There are long-term units like home units and working units (association, company) and temporary units (projects, events).
    A new unit applies for accreditation in the FamiliaFeliz plenum. If it is accepted, it becomes an accredited FamiliaFeliz unit. If it is rejected, it remains a private initiative of one – or several – members of FamiliaFeliz. Home units must be accepted by the group plenum.
    Units decide in plenary sessions. Each member has one vote. Voting rights are not transferable. Decisions are made by consensus, each member has a veto right. The veto right does not apply in decisions about one’s own exclusion. The plenum decides about: entry and exclusion of members of the unit, development, target and organization of the unit.

2.2.3. Member
    Any person who is at least 25 years old and accepts the charter can apply for membership. Upon recommendation of at least one working unit, the yearly group plenum decides about admission. If the applicant is accepted, he has the status of a candidate for a 12-month-test period. Candidates have voting rights, but no veto right. After six months, the candidate has to present drafts of an entry and an exit agreement. The 12-month-test period can be stopped by either side (candidate and FamiliaFeliz) at any time. After one year, the candidate becomes a member, if no other member uses his veto right.
    A member of FamiliaFeliz have a right to vote in plenary sessions.
    A member loses his vote in the FamiliaFeliz plenum, if he dont share membership with other members in at least one working unit or if another member applies for his exclusion. Each member can apply for exclusion of one member per year. If the application for exclusion is rejected by the plenum, the member gets back the right to vote, after all applications for exclusions in this plenary session are decided.
    A member loses membership, if another member apply for his exclusion in the yearly FamiliaFeliz plenum and the plenum decides to dismiss him.

3. General

3.1. The dialogue

The basic procedure in the goup of FamiliaFeliz is the dialogue in plenum. Triple unexcused absence from plenary sessions (yearly group plenum and / or unit plenum) leads to immediate exclusion of the member.

3.2. Service and contribution

All services and contributions performed by a member of the community are given voluntarily and free of charge. All services or benefits that a member withdraws from the community are given voluntarily and without expectation of a return service or benefit. Each member remains personally responsible for his withdrawal.

FamiliaFeliz pursues decentralized steady growth. In order to keep the community organizationally stable, each member is obligated to actively shape the concerns of the community.

3.3. Asset and every day economy – possesion – ownership

When a person is a candidate, later member, possession of his property is assigned to the community whereas ownership remains with the person. If a person with real state enters the community, usufruct (possession) goes to the community, ownership remains with the person. On the other hand, the community is obligated to preserve and increase this property. In case of assets in form of shares or cash, the basic value (share value, savings account, etc.) remains in the ownership of the person. The possession or usufruct (here interest and bonuses) goes to the community. The community is responsible for the necessary payments for savings contracts, insurances, mortgages, etc.

3.4. Economic balance

Familiafeliz, its groups and units strives for economic balance. Ownership of assets created by or in the community will be given to less wealthy members. Usufruct remains in the community.

3.5. Exit of a member

When leaving, a member takes all his property (including possession/usufruct) out of the community. Further details are regulated in his exit agreement.

3.6. group division

If a unit apply for a group division and each new group has minimul 4 members, the division is declared (and doesnt need any consensus). Each member has the right to declare, to which new group he want to belong. 

norbert
    Participant

Hi Juan and all 🙂

The basic different between Antjes text and your text looks to be the “umbrella-definition” (besides changing term “cell” into “group”) and the changing of the charter.

Antjes Text define FF “as it is” with no groups and allows changing of the charter and preamble in the yearly plenum.

Juans text define FF “as it could be” with groups and disallow changing of the preamble generally for all groups and disallow changing of the charter for the first group of FF.

I understand that both questions have benefits and detriments.
    Antjes Text is more for present and offers more freedom but maybe needs more discussion-energy.
    Juans Text is more for present and future and allows no change of the charter until group-division.

If it is wanted to invite a group of people “as a group” and not “as a unit” or “as single persons” into FF it can make sense to define that now – but it can also make sense to me to wait until that case happens and then to discuss and decide if and how it will happens.

A thought to “non-negotiable charter”:
    I understand why you want that – and i am sure that you have think about that a lot.
    But generally:
    The more borders are defined in the charter the more possibillitys are there that can make it usefull to change the charter.

Until now i see two borders where i am not sure that they should be unchangeable: The invite-member-process and the group-division.
    I can imagine that after some time and after some experience with inviting new members into FF the community find out that the process is not perfect.
    Also the division-process: I can imagine that it can make sense to do a division with less than 32 Members.

To me the basis of a community (where i want to live in and where i hope that FamiliaFeilz want to be) is trust and responsability.
    I am not sure that a dogma like “non-negotiable” is helpfull to that.
    It can save time and energy – yes. But it also can be a prison 😉

Lg,
    Norbert

juan petry
    Keymaster

to norbert
    ———-

1. thanks for so quick response. ok. it was in the process of writing 🙂 so please have another look. now you get the final version of my last post online.
    2. you are right that antje and my text is based on a different strategy. and yes, your impression about that i could share. my intention is, to have a clear modus for new members, groups, and units to be integrated. also i want to be very clear about units with mixed members (familiafeliy and non-familiafeliz – members).
    3. your reply:

I can imagine that after some time and after some experience with inviting new members into FF the community find out that the process is not perfect.

i agree that we cant find the right way to do this, the question is only, if we open the box to change the charter or not. You know my mantra: every founder limit his creation. From that point i agree that we have to “update” the charter time by time. I want to solve the problem “update” not with implementing another problem “neverending discussions about the charter”. So yes, its not the best, and yes, let it like it is, the next generation of familiafeliz will change it (in its first plenum).
    4. a group division is possible if one part has minimum 4 members. it does not mean that 8 of 24 are not able to go (and create something new). the number 32 is a milestone to focus what will be comming soon :)…

to all
    ——
    i will write a comment to each blue word later here (and return to this post to insert a link to that.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by juan petry.
Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.